Friday, September 23, 2011

Oh, What a Mess!

It is 12:15 a.m. The Djinn is not asleep. So, I shall share a slightly dismal piece of an otherwise fine day because the moral is:  close all detergent containers tightly! 'Cause if you don't you'll have an hour or two of clean up, and alas, quite repetitive cursing (another subject "How Cursing Gets in the Way of Holiness"- look for it on this blog-maybe, or did I do it already. Probably.), for which only you can blame yourself and not the cat that tried to get on the shelf to look out the window thus causing the whole thing to fall.

I had heard the crash, but in my house, with four cats, two of which I ended up with by default, but I guess, alas, I am one of those cat ladys, (Darn), usually nothing serious has fallen, or nothing that cannot be tossed or repaired, so I continued to sit outside as the sun was going down. When I came inside I had the most lovely whiff of linen scented detergent. At first the scent comforted me. And then I realized I hadn't washed anything today. I did yesterday though. And I remembered I had not closed the cap tightly. Why hadn't I? Who knows? I just didn't. I looked to where it had all fallen. To the left of and behind my washing machine in a very small utility porch with an abundance of stuff. A sea of blue goo.

It was like a Rube Goldberg game. Pull out the wire shelf and move it over. Get the cat box out of the way. Clean up the remnants on the floor of the pine litter that was thrown out of the box at last usage. Pull out the washing machine. Find under the washing machine old gunk that has seeped into the goo of the laundry detergent. Grab LOTS of paper towels. Sit on the floor.

In case you are wondering. This is not me. This is an analogy picture. It was way more messy. And I wasn't dressed as nice.
Curse. Throw a couple of things into a hallway. Curse some more. Apologize to God for all the cursing. Lament that I am incapable of holiness. Look for someone to blame. Oh, yeah, I am to blame. I hate that. Keep cats from inspecting the goo which will lead to footprints on my rug.

Two hours later. Did you know that if you Google this problem, spilled liquid laundry detergent, you find out that it is very hard to clean up? Tell me about it. At least I sort of figured out late in the game that you can sweep up the stuff into a dust pan to thin it out on the floor. The brush had to spend time soaking for a long time afterwood. It is done. The floor is very clean. I congratulate myself on the herculean task well done.

I tighten the caps on every cleaning item in the area.

The end. Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh..the crazy cat lady in LA...Don't you just love them?

Leotalian said...

You can remain holy while being an energenic cursor as long as you curse the devil. Blame the devil and apologize later if necessary.
15th ave bud to len