Saturday, October 4, 2008

Welcome to the Djinn's Blogging Round Table!

AOL Journals is about to shut down. Thus I find myself migrating. As someone who is ashamedly techo challenged, I am having a hard enough time trying to paste a counter into this web page and the one dedicated to my father, Legacy of a Courtly Curmudgeon, let alone trying to cause the old journal to migrate with me here. Apparently, it can be done manually (not likely, since I would have to be the first cause) or I can wait for them to do it. I will wait.

Meanwhile. . .I have been enjoying the blogging process and cannot conceive of abandoning it. I hope to become more conversant with things like linking (thanks to my friend Len Speaks) to favorite sites, and adding other gadgets to make the experience engaging for me and a good sharing with my social circle. I hope to tell more people about the blog, and encourage them to comment. Done right, blogging is the modern version of the 18th Century Salon, where folks can offer thoughts and ideas, or a cyberspace Algonquin Round Table (with or without the dry martini to complement the dry bon mots) in New York, where latter day Dorothy Parkers and Robert Benchleys can twitter about this and that in the public forum. That's my vision anyway. A magical place to comment, quip and laugh?

3 comments:

Len said...

Woo Hoo!!! I am Comment # 1!!!

Congratulations on joining the blogspot world.

Velvet3autista said...

Bravo, oh Djinn from the Bronx. Said with grace and eloquence.

CSM said...

It's nice to be with you even when I'm not. Congrats on your newly found blogging home. Hugs...