Sunday, February 8, 2009

Where O Where Have I Ever Been?





My Toshiba laptop had been giving me agita for weeks, if not months. Slow. Slower than slow, stuck in a mechanical electronical quagmire that raised my rage. And then one night, I did it. I whacked it. I did not intend to kill. I quite literally, just whacked it. Hit it. Hard, like one hits a candy machine to dislodge the already paid for M and Ms that refuse to drop. But effectively by whacking it, I truly "whacked" it. It never would reboot. Not on any safe mode. It changed colors.


I was appropriately ashamed of myself and shall confess the sin, not of whacking the darn thing, but of the anger which is the worst of the seven deadly sins, one Saturday soon. But for now, I needed a new computer, which usurped all my consideration, even the spiritual ones.


Today, finally, my new hardware baby has been brought home. My shiny, quiet HP Pavilion dv4-12222nr Entertainment Notebook. Small and compact. With bells and whistles up to and including a remote that I have yet to figure out (or read, if I will only do that, the directions) how to get out of its hiding place on the left side of this thing.


To say that I was bereft without a computer. . . .well that would be silly. But it was a sense of helplessness at the very least that tormented me this last couple of weeks.


But order is restored to my little world with this entry, announcing that I am back again to my sporadic entries on my two blogs. I missed it. I shall have no illusion that you, whoever you are, missed me.

No comments: