Friday, January 1, 2010

Blink, and It's 2010

So. Here we are. A fresh new year upon which to trod. Will we do better this year? I do not speculate. Today, at least. Today, I revel in the quietude of a civilization hushed by after party exhaustion. I went to Mass to set myself upon the right road to begin with, and then we shall see what Graces are proffered, and accepted by me. Pretty crowded even though New Year's is no longer a holy day of obligation! Then to the happily open Starbuck's for a Venti Mocha and sandwich, the paper and a call from a friend. I may be wending my way south this afternoon to touch base with friends literally on their way back east, although with more storms coming that leaving may be delayed.

As for last night's revelries for me and my friends--it was pleasant and rather sedate, dinner at a true favorite restaurant "Jar". Most of the gathered I did not know, two I did, but I found it engaging, particularly as the mood was good, the other customers were humming with anticipation, and the libation was sufficient to the occasion.


I have a new toy, courtesy of Len of "Len Speaks", a Flip video camera. Just about the size of a nano ipod, it takes about an hour's worth of activity that can be downloaded immediately to computer or cd or both. I took a fair amount of footage last night, for my first effort, and most of it was terrible, but the very beginning, while Len and I awaited the rest of the crew sets the tone for what was the rest of the lovely evening setting us forth upon the new decade, the clink of glasses (they were margaratini's) and good cheer was great. I tried to upload it here, but so far, no luck. Hopefully, upon the response from customer support, I'll be able to do it! Meanwhile, just imagine two frosty martini glass with salt thinly placed around the rim. Yum! Happy New Year to All!

No comments: