Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Day at Laguna











For REAL, this day was! February 13, 2011




I hadn't been there since 1983. That was back when I was still relatively new to California and every weekend felt like a true vacation. Malibu. Santa Monica. Manhattan Beach, San Diego. Laguna. The place of art festivals. A then friend and I drove down. I look at those photos of the young us, remember how then I thought I was fat, when in fact, I was young and attractive and so unaware of it.

Nearly twenty eight years later. Laguna was the halfway meeting point for me, a friend who was visiting from out of town and another friend from San Diego, all of whom had met at their former workplace, still mine. We Californians had been having "bad" weather by our lights. Rain. And rain. So the weekend we all convened in Laguna was paradisal. Eating at Las Brisas, packed and full of enormous weekend energy. People walking all about. Skating. Drinking coffee, Starbuck's of course. I even forgot how hard it had been for me to find ANY parking space.

Such days are a blessing aren't they? With friends, a double blessing.











No comments: