Saturday, August 13, 2011

A (nother) Day in Paradise

I don't know if the real paradise bears any tactile or emotional relationship to ocean blue, sand, and sea gulls, but I am putting in my order!
 
Yesterday, I crossed a small item off the old "bucket list" by tooling down the Pacfic Coast Highway (or PCH to us natives!) to a really old time spot, called Paradise Cove Beach Cafe. When someone says, "it's right on the water" they are not kidding. I cannot imagine what a storm down there does in winter, but no matter, it was a lovely overcast (then sunny) cool and warm day (yes, there can be both!) that found me and Anonymous from the Deluxe Barbara Judith Apartments down there having a most splendiferous lunch. Getting there at just before 12 noon, we had no problem with parking. And the wait, well, let's say gazing upon the water sitting in comfy Adirondack chairs was a breeze in the breeze. And then we had our outdoor table on the sand. By the time we shared the truly home made guacamole and chips on ice, I was already pretty full and could not quite manage my mix and match tacos, fish, shrimp and steak. Mr. Anonymous, however, well acquitted the interesting cheese, shrimp sandwich, a la grilled, and clam chowder. Oh, did I forget to mention the Strawberry Mojito I had!  No, not any more. . . .



After lunch we could not go on what appeared to be something of a makeshift pier that was crowded with private party goers, but we found a nice spot on the damp sand watching the waves, the gulls and the kids, either boogy boarding or diving into the about five foot waves at a height. Yep, breath deep that ocean air and mist and relax in a way that is truly ethereal.

Anyone want to play hookey and join me say in about a week or so for a day at the Cove?

No comments: